Interlaced In Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pride & Persistence

2 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Pride & Persistence  - Page 3 Empty Re: Pride & Persistence

Post by ChaoticDreamer Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:52 pm

“Well- picking up your daughter… and signing the paperwork acknowledging the consequences we have laid out… and of course, Anjya has been kicked off the pro squad.” Mr. Jacobs pulled out a contract for Salu to sign and slid it his way.

ChaoticDreamer
Admin

https://interlacedinshadows.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddballgymnast Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:58 pm

Salu shook his head, "I am not signing this agreement without having cold hard facts to prove my daughter's fault. You may have your policies, but when you see that that child attacked my daughter, I'll be damned to see my daughter kicked out of school for it." He folded his arms over his chest now, the jacket shifting unintentionally to reveal the holsters before selling back over them again.

Oddballgymnast

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticDreamer Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:23 pm

“Got it!” Oxley slammed the door open, huffing, out of breath. Anjya and Jacobs both jumped.

“Without the theatrics Mr. Oxley-“ Jacobs held out his hand for the usb. Oxley sent Salu a smug smile and approached, passing the usb to Jacobs who swiftly plugged it in to the computer.

“Coach Hensley estimated around two thirty.” Oxley informed Jacobs, walking around the desk to get a closer look- even Anjya craned to see around her father. The video flashed onto the screen of the gym, Principal Jacobs quickly forwarded through the majority of the day before allowing it to play. There was no sound- but Anjya saw herself talking to first one girl, then another- then another. It was obvious she was up to something- the moment she got the last piece though, she had the pom poms dropped. She approached Em, her entire demeanor tight but not threatening. Anjya swallowed, feeling her anger simmer again as she recalled demanding for ‘Em to tell the truth. She gestured to the locker room, then pointed a finger at herself- she had introduced them, Ian was HER best friend. Em laughed at her, turned to walk off. Aaaand that was when Anjya had called her a slut- it showed how Anjya had turned to walk away-

And then Em slammed against her. There was the fist to Anjya’s face- then Em grabbing her hair. Anjya finally jolting into action, flipping Em to the ground by her uniform, pinning her down in an expert take down- the girls all crowding around to yell- Anjya waiting half a minute before getting up, trying to disengage- Em coming up and biting her lip- Anjya ripping her off by her hair, then slamming Em back to the ground- then Coach Hensley wading through all the girls to pull Anjya off.

“Ahem…” Principal Jacobs paused the movie at this point, looking - hesitant. Oxley was scowling at the screen, his face practically purple.

ChaoticDreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddballgymnast Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:39 pm

Salu watched the video carefully, eyes intent on the screen the entire time. When it was over, he did turn to give a look to his daughter-- but the look was complex. He was not angry, but there was disappointment. He was also proud, but he had questions for her. Still, now was not the time. "To be clear," he cleared his throat and rapped a knuckle twice against the principal's desk to regain attention, "you had not investigated the incident thoroughly before accusing my daughter unjustly of committing violent acts, to the level of a crime, against another student. You try to intimidate me into signing documents that state my daughter is at fault and will be suspended for the remainder of a school year, which will impact her learning so severely she has to take summer school. And, as it turns out, it was my daughter who was attacked. Not once, but twice. One of which was while one of your teachers was present, but unable to get to the girls." He summarized what was seen in the video. Salu waited a long minute for his words to sink in for the other two grown men in the room, but in no way did his tone suggest that his silence was an invitation for them to speak. This might be their school and their office, but Salu knew how to command a room when needed.

"I am taking my daughter home for the remainder of the day. Anjya tried to walk away several times from that altercation. The only just consequence here at school is one where neither girl is permitted to remain on the team and any classes Ms. Cooper has with my daughter will be switched-- at Ms. Cooper's schedule change."

Oddballgymnast

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticDreamer Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:42 pm

Anjya met her father’s gaze but then looked down as she caught the disappointment. It squirmed in her chest uncomfortably. Yeah… maybe Mama would have been better….

“Uhm… well. I …I will review this tape again and… email you and the parents of Ms.Cooper with my decision come this evening.” Principal Jacobs said after a moment.

ChaoticDreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddballgymnast Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:47 pm

"My wife and I will await your phone call," Salu agreed to terms that the principal had not laid out. An email, yes, but he wanted a phone call personally as well. "Anjya," there was only one word spoken, but the way Salu's palm extended forward was a clear gesture to her that it was time to go and he wanted her to walk in front of him.

Oddballgymnast

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticDreamer Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:00 pm

Anjya didn’t hesitate to stand. She did hesitate to move in front of her father, but not for long. There was relief to finally be allowed to leave the office, she had been there for hours at this point. Of course, she was well aware that her real punishment was coming from her father- maybe both her mother and father, so every step ahead of her father was one closer to that.

ChaoticDreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddballgymnast Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:04 pm

Salu didn't speak to Anjya until he was opening the truck door for her, "No unnecessary force," he validated her earlier expressed opinion on the matter. He pat her shoulder, holding his tongue on the rest of it until he was also in the truck.

Oddballgymnast

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticDreamer Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:05 pm

Anjya almost assumed he was questioning her self evaluation until she was pat on the shoulder. She climbed into his truck quietly, tugging her seatbelt on. It wasn’t until it clicked that it hit her…

Her father was going to want to know the why…

…uh oh.

ChaoticDreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddballgymnast Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:13 pm

Salu closed the truck door after Anjya was settled. When he joined her in the cab, he rubbed his face and let out a sigh. His daughter was easy to love, but being a parent wasn't always as easy. "You did good, Anjya. That was clear self-defense. Clear and clean." He started up the truck and began driving out of the lot. "But you did start it," he finally said what he never would admit to in front of her principals. "You started it the same way your Mama starts things." He may not be asking the question outright, but it was clear what he wanted to know.

Oddballgymnast

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticDreamer Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:15 pm

Anjya shouldn’t be proud to be compared to her mother in this aspect…. But the streak was there. She looked out the window, mouth tightening in a way that caused her to wince. “It was important, Papa.” She finally admitted. It wasn’t a full explanation, but she wanted him to know it wasn’t frivolous.

ChaoticDreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddballgymnast Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:19 pm

"I think I deserve the chance to decide that for myself," Salu insisted. "You started this by talking to the other girls. What were you saying to them? Do not tell me you were spreading gossip."

Oddballgymnast

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticDreamer Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:23 pm

“No, I wasn’t spreading gossip.” Anjya wasn’t defensive in this rejection. She would have chewed her lower lip if it wouldn’t have hurt. Her gaze focused out her side window. “I was trying to figure out all the pieces before I went to Em.”

ChaoticDreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddballgymnast Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:30 pm

"What pieces?" Salu asked, trying to keep his patience in tact as Anjya avoided answering the question. "At this moment, there can be no secrets. I kept faith in you in there," he reminded her. He never once had doubted that what she said about not starting the fight was true. Now he wanted filled in.

Oddballgymnast

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticDreamer Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:33 pm

Anjya hesitated once more. She weighed the consequences verses her father’s loyalty- and she knew he was right. “You cannot tell Aunt Becca.” Anjya looked over to Salu earnestly. “It is Ian’s right to share it with her if he ever wants to. He didn’t even tell me.”

ChaoticDreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddballgymnast Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:44 pm

Salu lifted a brow when Becca and Ian were brought into this. Aha. So his daughter's loyalty to her lifelong friend had won out against a teammate who was dating said friend. "I cannot make that promise," he confessed. "Just as I would hope she would not promise such things to Ian about you." There was a pause, "But I can take it into consideration that it is Ian's story to tell when he is ready." He was big on not telling other's stories for them. He likely would remind Anjya of that when Tellisie came home and it came time to let her in on today's events-- this encouraging Anjya to tell the story herself.

Oddballgymnast

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticDreamer Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:48 pm

“Ian walked in on Brody Hammond having sex with Em after the basketball game.” The sentence blurted out before her father finished his last sentence. Anjya’s chest felt hot with the anger and relief she felt on sharing this with someone she trusted. Her anger bubbled up. “Everyone kept dropping hints as to why they were over- and then I heard something was written on the walls in the boys locker room- and after I found that, I had to make sure it wasn’t just gossip before I confronted Em- and she laughed in my face when I told her Ian deserved better! And I don’t regret her attacking me, I don’t. I would have attacked her if your voice wasn’t in my head saying don’t!” Anjya seethed this out, looking out the window again. “She hurt him! And why? Why? I don’t get it- Ian cared about her!”

ChaoticDreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddballgymnast Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:56 pm

Salu was stunned into silence with his daughter's admission, then the venting that continued. No wonder Ian had been quick to take off on Saturday morning after passing out with Anjya at some point in the middle of their movie night-- something that had happened so often in their childhood that even suspicious Salu didn't find it strange. No wonder the boy hadn't stayed for breakfast or said much to anyone else before taking off. Ian hadn't even made a move on the chessboard for their ongoing longterm game before disappearing.

"Damn," he finally murmured. Salu wasn't big on cussing at home, and often minded his words choice in front of his kids, but this seemed to warrant a four-letter word. "Is Ian okay?"

At school, Ian had done everything to avoid other kids-- which meant that he had managed to completely dodge Anjya today other than the very beginning of the day before classes officially started. He wasn't doing well with this and all the rumors weren't helping.

Oddballgymnast

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticDreamer Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:57 pm

“No.” Anjya didn’t need to talk to Ian to know that, but also, Ian avoiding her was enough to tell her what she already inherently knew. She folded her arms as her eyes glossed with angry tears. “He only did right by her and she stomped on him.”

ChaoticDreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddballgymnast Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:08 pm

Salu reached over to his daughter and took her hand, lacing his fingers with hers and giving her hand a gentle and approving squeeze. "Your mother was my first Love," he said softly, "and you truly are my Little Love, for you have your mother's spirit to guide you." It was a compliment, endearment, maybe even a spark of admiration for his daughter. "He will overcome this and be stronger for it, and she will look back on this one day knowing that she lost out. You will stand by your friend and not regret growing into the person you wish to be."

Oddballgymnast

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticDreamer Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:10 pm

Anjya felt that streak of pride again. She looked over to her father and swallowed. Ian will overcome this? How? Anjya couldn’t imagine how awful this was for him. “Do we have to tell her?” She asked softly, referencing her mother once more. She didn’t need her mother deciding her father hadn’t done enough. She didn’t need Tellisie storming the school.

ChaoticDreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddballgymnast Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:19 pm

Salu nodded his head and chuckled softly, "Tell her that she is raising the best version of herself? Maybe with a bit more of a reckless streak," he added, a little warning ebbed in there. He knew where the recklessness came from, but it didn't mean he couldn't caution her about it. "We do have to tell her. And you will be picking up extra chores at the house and barn to pay for the uniform that was ruined. Even if it was for a good cause, you did start it," he pointed out again. It was a small price to pay, overall, for her first fight, but Salu most definitely did agree with her cause.

Oddballgymnast

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticDreamer Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:24 pm

“Maybe I started it… but I also ended it. I wanted to do more- I didn’t.” Anjya pointed out softly, but didn’t protest the punishments her father outlined. She was quiet for only a second more before her heart flipped. “Wait, can I still go to the dance?” She asked, suddenly very concerned.

ChaoticDreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddballgymnast Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:32 pm

"You did end it. Neatly, too," Salu verified, unable to hide his pride in the way his daughter had ended the physical aspects of the fight. "The dance?" He glanced over at her and shook his head, "I'm fighting just to keep you in school right now-- I'm pretty sure you've forfeited attending the dance." It was a cop-out. He wasn't telling her no, but he was taking her that the school likely was saying no.

Oddballgymnast

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticDreamer Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 pm

Anjya felt her world crumple. She couldn’t help it if her face matched it. She looked away quickly, but tears drifted down her cheeks. She had been talking about the dance non-stop for the last several weeks. Tellisie had taken her to pick up her special ordered dress from the shop yesterday. Her mother had promised to help her with her makeup and hair- Anjya lifted her hands up to wipe tears away but hiccuped her disappointment all the same. Kace probably wouldn’t speak to her again. “Okay…” Anjya whispered, her voice thick as she hiccuped again, the dam near bursting.

ChaoticDreamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next